Welcome!

I am a mum to two small boys, a fiance to one large man, and a friend, I hope, to many. This Blog is about the joyous and not so joyous parts of being a 'wife', mother, lover. I hope to open the eyes of other Superwomen to the fact that to be superwoman you don't have to get it right all the time, you don't have to be a domestic goddess, corporate wonderwoman, perfect parent all rolled into one. Im certainly not. Come in, sit down, have a cuppa this is my life, warts and all.

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Young and funky...maybe

I turned 28 just over 2 weeks ago. I feel like I'm doing alright for a woman inching closer and closer to 30. I have a career that is taking off I have 2 gorgeous children and aside from allowing to let myself get monstrously fat over the last 2-3 years Physically I think I look o.k my skins pretty good I don't have a lot of wrinkles and I have a total of 2 silver hairs.
So I'm o.k with being 28...mostly...I think.
I have noticed a particular patten over the last 3-4 years however. Every year, just after my birthday I do something a little bit out there to my hair, each year its a little more out there than the last.
One year I chopped my long hair into a severe concave bob with a chunky blunt fringe. For the record, I'm not a fan of chunky blunt fringes, Big Daddy hates chunky blunt fringes I can think of no other reason for doing this than some 'it girl' must have been rocking one at the time and I decided that I was also young and funky enough to pull this off. Throughout the year I let it grow out and swept the fringe to the side, that wasn't so bad.
The next year I chopped it right off, like super short and swept to one side, again pretty sure the inspiration for this cut came from some gorgeous young thing that I'd come across online. Luckily this look worked for me and I'd recently lost some weight so was feeling fabulous all over. Short hair cuts require a surprising amount of upkeep however, it doesn't them too long to start looking messy and uneven. Throughout the year I played around with different coloured foils and went blonde all over for awhile (I'm naturally dark brown) but it stayed pretty much the same length.
Last year 3 weeks after my 27th birthday I clippered my hair to about a number 6 and dyed it bright purple....yep I loved this haircut, made me feel like a rock star.
About 6 months ago I decided to try and grow my hair out again. Growing out a short hair cut sucks, I've got a bit of a Carol Brady flick going on around the back and a bit of a shaggy mess everywhere else so naturally this friday I decided I needed something to update my look.
Guess what I went with....bright pink. Not a little bit pink, not pink foils no, my entire head is luminescent hot pink/ and I love it!

I've decided that ridiculously coloured hair makes me look younger and cooler. I don't know if this is true or not, I could very well look like one of those crazy old ladies that used to come into the shop I worked in when I was 14.
I used to laugh and laugh when they left wondering if they had any idea how silly they looked with their blue rinse or strange reddy orange with white regrowth.

I'm wondering if my hair is like my twisted version of a pre- mid life crisis, a pink one! Do I really look cool or do I look like a frumpy, nearly 30 mum who got stuck in a fairy floss machine?
Maybe the crazy old ladies I used to laugh at used to be 28 year old women desperately trying to regain their youth through interesting hair colours.
Me in 30 years



No comments:

Post a Comment